Sign up for all of the courses required for your first license renewal (Real Estate Advanced Practices, Real Estate Law, a 30-hour Elective, and Core Curriculum) in this convenient package, and save money!
Advanced Real Estate Practices: Washington Advanced Practices discusses many issues that can arise in both brokerage operations and real estate transactions. The course covers:
- brokerage operations and business practices,
- real estate agency relationships,
- commonly used real estate contracts,
- pricing and marketing properties,
- negotiating sales contracts,
- the agent’s role in the closing process,
- risk reduction strategies,
- property management, and
- the development and sale of vacant land.
Real Estate Law: Washington Real Estate Law offers an overview of the legal aspects of real estate. This course discusses the laws governing the ownership and sale of real estate in Washington, examines common problems in real estate transactions, and provides examples from actual court cases. Topics covered include:
- the distinction between real and personal property,
- methods of land description,
- easements, liens, and other interests in real estate,
- forms of co-ownership,
- the law of real estate agency,
- earnest money agreements and other real estate contracts,
- deeds and title transfer,
- deeds of trust, mortgages, and foreclosure,
- zoning and other land use controls,
- taxation of real estate,
- fair housing issues, and
- landlord/tenant law.
Core Curriculum: This online Core Curriculum course covers new topics relevant to residential real estate. This 3-hour course discusses rules about referrals and workers’ compensation, property management, and handling distressed properties and short sales. All brokers and managing brokers must take this course as part of the clock hours needed for license renewal.
“Real estate courses are offered in association with Rockwell Institute, the school of record. Rockwell Institute is the course sponsor and holds all course approvals.”